
a friend I made at the zoo - not one I wish to eat
Now for the next in the oh-nine series...
#8: Learn to eat fish like a grown-up
In an effort to eat more healthy this year, I have vowed to eat more fish. I realize that fish is the most healthy, nutrient-rich meat on the planet, but it's just not the thing I dream of at 3:30 when I start to feel my hunger kick in!
Also, I have this dreadful fear of eating undercooked fish. Oddly enough, I eat sushi with no hesitation, but when it comes to cooking salmon, if the recipe says 15-18 minutes, I cook it 20 just to make sure! So, a wonderful recipe that started out looking and smelling great comes out as a dried-out tasteless piece of meat that we have to choke down. Eek!
So, I am vowing to learn to eat fish like a grown-up this year which means seasoning it well and cooking it correctly. And when 3:30 rolls around and I'm craving a hamburger and fries, I have to repeat to myself:
Salmon is good for me. Salmon is good for me.
I will not overcook my meat. I will not overcook my meat.
My Big Nine #8
Thursday, February 19
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
I so feel you on this one Mil! I do not like fish either! But you being from Florida...I just thought you were more of a seafood fish lover.
If you find any good recipes please post them.
I am a big fan of tuna - you should try a nice tuna steak at a restaurant, perhaps it would inspire you!
I'm with you on the fish too...most of the time it is totally unappealing. Thanks for the encouragement on the photography...I love the feet pictures too...I think I actually was inspired by some of yours for those!
does fried shrimp count?
haha... it sure tastes better! That's for sure!
Just checked out your new website- looks amazing!!! I SOO wish you were local, friend!!!
Do you have Trader Joe's? If so, they have a sparkling blood orange juice that is a great combo with salmon!!
Hi -- I know Krisan from Auburn and found you on her blog. This is totally random, but both Cooking Light and Martha Stewart Living have articles on preparing and cooking fish in their current issues (April, I think). The one in cooking light was especially good, I thought, and I really only aspire to cooking fish well myself. Good luck!
BTW, your pictures from Japan are BEAUTIFUL! What a wonderful experience!
Post a Comment