the last day...

Wednesday, March 18

Dad and I are home safe and sound! After being in airports/airplanes 30-ish hours straight with no sleep, I felt more sick and tired than ever! But, I slept all day yesterday, and now I am back to life and back to work today.

I know you are probably all sick of Japan pictures by now, but I have one more day to share. The day after the wedding, Naoko and Masaki toured us around Tokyo with another couple from Auburn who came to the wedding. I must say, I am in LOVE with that city - it's like New York but cleaner and more modern. And, the people are so, so nice. I would love to go back some day. Here are some highlights:

IMG_4183
a view of Tokyo from the Imperial Palace

IMG_0969
Japanese pines

IMG_0995
the imperial palace

IMG_0994

IMG_4190

IMG_1008
the chopsticks store - amazing!

IMG_4196
some of these babies were seriously expensive

IMG_3874
more cherry blossoms

IMG_3822
dad on one of the many trains

IMG_1015
having afternoon tea

IMG_4223_2
my sweet friend

IMG_4205
the restaurants provided baskets for your stuff

IMG_1004
this one is for mom...

IMG_3791
we loved the posterior-spraying toilets...

IMG_0928
...and considered bringing one home with us

IMG_1003
a wonderful day!!

IMG_1019
Tokyo at night - the view from dinner

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh the Japanese Lexi!

Krisan said...

your pictures are beautiful! glad you are recovering from your jetlag! love you

LB said...

Wow...what a neat experience!! These pictures are beautiful. How fun!!

Lark said...

Oooh, I love the pictures, you can post a lot more if you feel you need to :o)

Meg, Kurt, Jack, and Charlie said...

I didn't even know you went to Japan, but it looks like you had a great time, and the pictures are beautiful!! :-) I miss you!