Wedding Day

Tuesday, March 17

Okay, as promised, more wedding pictures!

Naoko and Masaki's wedding took place three stages - a ceremony, reception, and after-party. The ceremony was very traditional and was held in a shrine. The reception was more modern with a white wedding dress, the giving of the bride by the father, a traditional wedding party, and lots of good food. The after-party was for more casual guests who might not have attended the wedding. It overlooked Tokyo and once again had wonderful food!

Here are some pictures!

IMG_4053 copy
before the ceremony

IMG_0628
before the ceremony

Naoko2
before the ceremony

IMG_4085 copy
after the ceremony with the families

IMG_4072
with the priest and family

men_double
Naoko's father waiting on the ceremony to begin

IMG_4067 copy
everyone wore these shoes at the shrine

IMG_0700
the reception at the Tokyo Opera Palace

IMG_4116
Naoko and Masaki entering the reception

IMG_0845
the wedding party

IMG_0817
eating the cake

0001
waiting on the after-party to begin

IMG_0884

IMG_4152
Naoko and Masaki arrive

IMG_0901
giving the toast

3 comments:

Melissa said...

did you give the toast in English? (I don't think you speak Japanese, but I could be wrong! :) Were you a little intimidated? I think I might have been :) Looks like a wonderful evening...so glad you got to go!

Amanda said...

I'm thinking the same thing as Melissa! English I presume? So fun you gave a toast though. Naoko looked like a little doll. So pretty!

Ashley Turnbull said...

Beautiful pictures, and you look like you fit right in! What a wonderful weekend - again, I would love to know more of how you know her...she seems like a special friend. Did the two of them meet here in the States? Had you ever met her family?