my big nine #7

Monday, February 2

Now for the next in the oh-nine series...

#7: My computer is getting an 8-5 schedule!

I spend way too much time on my computer. Since my computer has become "home base" for all the work I do, I have developed an unhealthy schedule.

Whether I am working at Annie's studio or from home, as soon as my eyes open in the morning, my temptation is to go straight to my computer. And then I work on it all day!

You would think I would be sick of it by 5:00 when Brad gets home, but nope! I always feel the need to "do one more thing!" throughout the night instead of simply putting everything away and being wholly with the family.

So, my goal for this year is to limit most of my computer work to a regular work-day schedule. This will be my hardest resolution of the year, but I think it could have a significant impact on my relationships with the Lord and with Brad and with people. I want my mornings and evenings to be free of work, to be reserved for things that really matter in life like prayer and relationships and dog walks and long dinners and snuggles on the couch and conversation. And, I want to begin forming good work habits while this is all still new.

I've already broken the news to my very-tired old computer, and she agreed to automatically wake up and shut down to help me with self-discipline. Pretty cool, huh?

2 comments:

Krisan said...

oh my gosh this is the story of my life! work feels constant, and it's hard to put it down when there is always "one more thing" to do! i'm very proud of you for this resolution. can't wait to hear how it goes! love you sister

Rachel said...

a seriously great commitment... and a very convicting one!