Resolutions can be dangerous.

Tuesday, January 27

Remember that resolution to grow out my nails? Well, it has worked! My nails have stayed painted since the new year, and they are now growing and thriving.

The only problem is I don't know what to do with these new nails. I keep injuring myself.

I have sliced my hand, my forehead, and my leg. And, I accidentally scratched my eye yesterday when an unforeseen itch occurred. What the heck?! Why can't I control these things?

So you long-standing members of the nail community, how do you keep from shoving your long, healthy nails into places they shouldn't go, like your eyeballs?! How do you keep from hurting your friends and neighbors?

Pretty soon I'll have to start wearing band-aids over my fingertips.

4 comments:

Emily Lilley said...

Perhaps they just need to be trimmed a little? They would still be longer and healthy looking, but not as sharp and dangerous!

Ashley Turnbull said...

AMEN! Since getting pregnant, I haven't really been biting mine either (my urge to do it has gone away). But, now I have to keep them nice and pretty and filed and painted w/ protein. Plus, I have ripped hose because they are so long! Ah!!!

Melissa said...

make sure you round off the edges...those get sharp! post a picture of your pretty nails :)

The Barkers said...

Milla- I am so glad to have found your blog- your pictures are beautiful- good luck with your budding business!!

It's funny you say that about your nails- I have always had long nails. Once I had James I decided to cut them so I wouldn't scratch him. Now I find myself unable to do things I usually can do- peel off stickers, etc. I think it's just what you are use to.

Anyway, glad your doing well!!