

I mentioned in my previous post that my family came to Pittsburgh... well, here we are, the Thompson/Anderson/Chappell crew, all six (well really eight...).
We really had an absolutely wonderful weekend. It was so nice to have everyone together. Some highlights were...
Mom started putting on gloves and long underwear IN OUR HOUSE on Thursday afternoon, and I was very concerned that she might not survive the weekend. But, on Friday it warmed up to a sunny 70, and the rest of the weekend was wonderful!
Everyone came to Pitt after I finished teaching on Friday, and we ate at the famous Primanti Bros and then took pictures in the cathedral (picture #2). That beautiful classroom is the German room, I believe?
We had lots of down time, which was wonderful. We made chili, we talked, we watched football, we made key lime pie, we went shopping, we ate brownies (why am I seeing a theme of food here...) Anyway, it was great.
To work off all the above-mentioned food, we went on a long walk in Frick Park (picture #1). The dogs were happy, and we were happy for them to run some energy off.
Saturday night, we went to see The Great Gatsby downtown. It was wonderful, and we felt oh-so-cultured after.
Sunday everyone headed home, and then it got cold again here. I think the Lord knew what my mama needed to enjoy her weekend in the nawth...
the fam.
Monday, November 10
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
what a great family. =)
Hey is this the classroom you teach in. I'm so jealous you have such a visually appealing work environment! Looks like yall had fun :)
So fun that your family came up! OK, Milla, you are SUCH a talented photographer- not a newsflash, I know, but those engagement pictures were absolutely wonderful! I so wish I could fly you to LA to do some for Abby Jane. Do you have any suggestions on how to find someone like you (INCREDIBLE, but starting out and willing to be affordable) out here? Or do you have any friends out here??
Emily you are so sweet. Actually, I know of no one out there :( But, you guys already get beautiful pictures of Abby Jane! I especially love your recent ones of the sunset - so beautiful! What a precious little girl...
Post a Comment