I refuse to post about politics today. After being harassed at the bus stop and then almost gagging over all the crazy posts on my reader, I don't want to add another desperate political plea to your day. So instead, I'll leave you with a bit of meaningless fun! On this election day, here's an example of why I love working with people from other (more blunt) cultures. International students really do say the darndest things...
Student: Hi Meeeela! Ooooh! *very concerned* Are you okay? Are you sick?
Me: *confused* No, I feel fine. Do I look sick?
Student: *patting my shoulder* You are wearing such a big sweater!
Me: *laughing* Oh, no, I'm not sick. I just get cold very easily, so I wear very warm clothes.
Student: Oh, you look very warm! Very pretty! *good cover!*
I love my job. How else would I realize that teachers wearing flip flops is not appropriate in _______ country and that I should wear removable layers early in the morning so I don't appear to be sick later in the day. haha...
Big Sweater
Tuesday, November 4
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
No political post from me either, mostly because I never post anymore but also because I wouldn't have any idea what I was talking about. But God is sovereign, right? No matter what happens, he'll hook us up in the end. That may be a naive position to have, but that is what I am holding on to for dear life.
But all of that wasn't the point in the comment. We are so used to getting pictures with your posts, but none with this one? I, for one, would have liked to seen this sweater that caused such concern for your health and well being.
haha! It was a wooly orang-y one, and though I don't have any pictures of it, I will remember to wear it to teach only after it's *actually* winter here (aka below 20 degrees)! haha...
too funny! How was your visit with your family? Hope you all had a wonderful time together! and I'm curious, how cold is it to merit a big sweater? (for me, about 55 degrees!)
What kind of camera do you have?? I came upon your blog while looking at a friend's blog. Your camera takes fantastic pictures. Thanks.
55 merits a big sweater from me too! haha... And, I use a Nikon D40 with an 18-135 f/3.5 and 50 f/1.8, but to be honest I'm about to switch to a Canon 50D. Hopefully it'll be just as wonderful a camera!
This is so hilarious. I can just picture little Naoko saying the exact same thing! I would be wearing a big puffy sweater too if i were living in Pennsylvania!
I miss you sister! Love you!
this is hilarious Milla~ I love that she said you looked pretty at the end of the conversation!! so sweet~
Post a Comment