Vampire Bats and other weekend happenings...

Tuesday, September 2



So this weekend we went camping, and sitting out under the black sky and with a very straight face Brad asks me, "are there vampire bats out here you think?" I was looking up into the sky like, "huh?" And then he says, "because if a vampire-bat was in the U.S. It would make sense for it to come to a 'sylvania.' Like Pennsylvania."

Brad thinks that it's fun to live in the PA; now his quotes from the office make more sense!

Anyway, our first long weekend here was very fun. We went out to dinner with some new friends on Friday night, we had some others over to our place on Saturday night, and Sunday night we went camping in the 'sylvania' mountains!

When we were sitting out in the cool weather with the crickets chirping after such a nice weekend, I wondered if I would dread coming back into the city with the noise and the parking problems and the to-do lists, etc. But, yesterday as we pulled back onto our street, we both commented on how excited we were to be back; in such a short time, our little 2nd floor apartment has become the place that we love coming home to, our little haven in a new place.

Now, back to the real world...

3 comments:

Amanda said...

yay for a great weekend. I can't believe you are wearing jackets. Jealous! And very funny Brad. I think the Office would be more exciting if we lived in PA too!

Krisan said...

cute picture -- i miss ya'll so much! can't wait to get up there and visit. and VERY jealous to see you wearing marmots while we are still sweating to death!

Milla said...

Oh don't worry... just in the mountains do the marmots come out. In Pittsburgh we sweat all night. :(