
This picture is from Squirrel Hill cafe, our local diner. We've actually not been there yet, but I love the entryway! Anyway, three bits of exciting news from this week...
1. Krisan started a blog! Hooray! I am very excited to hear hilarious jasper stories and to learn more about the first year of marriage in the Anderson house. Everyone head on over to www.krisananderson.blogspot.com and leave her a "hello!"
2. Yesterday I heard back from the University of Pittsburgh about a job! I'll be teaching English to international students part-time starting tomorrow at 10am! I am very excited - the people seem great, the campus is amazing, and it'll be very nice to be back in the classroom!
3. Finally, in other job-related news, I am so excited because Annie just offered for me to stay with her and to become part of her business. She wants to me to begin learning to use the professional photo software (Lightroom and Photoshop CS3) so I can start managing and editing photos after large jobs, and all along, she wants to be helping me develop as a beginning photographer. So, I am so thankful and excited. I really love working with Annie; she gets the coolest jobs in the most amazing places around the city. And, I am constantly amazed that this opportunity arose. What a gift from above to help me adjust to (and fall in love with) with this new place.
So, this week has been good. Brad is enjoying his job; he learns so much and is challenged every day. And, the dogs are loving life in Pittsburgh. I'll post some pictures soon of them lounging in their new back yard, a luxury they never had in Gainesville!
Three bits of good news...
Thursday, September 4
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Ok WOW!!! Such amazing things happening for you right now. I'm so excited. And yay for teaching international students. So you will be teaching part time and photography part time. Sounds like an awesome situation!! Praise the Lord!
exciting news all around!! I am glad that all of that is falling into place. I know those situations must help you feel at home there.
I am so thankful for new photographers, right now. We have scheduled a photo session for Ada with a girl who started photography as a hobby, and she is so affordable right now because she is new. If she wasn't so affordable, I don't think we would even be able to have portraits made. Anyway...just a thought that if you lived near me I would love to hire you to take Ada's picture.
Sweet! How exciting Milla! I'm so happy for you, what great opportunities! And thanks for blogging- it's so fun being able to see and hear on an ongoing basis what's going on with you guys.
God is good and so faithful and it is a blessing to hear how He has moved mountains for yall and for His glory. His workings must be a beautiful reminder of how he is taking care of you both. love yall
praise the Lord! It's so cool to watch Him move and order our steps to match up with our desires! Question: how did you hear/hook up with Annie? that's a sweet deal! (and you get paid!)
Thanks guys! Melissa, when I moved to Pittsburgh, I was bored and lonely and teaching jobs were looking slim, so I started researching photographers in the area. I found Annie (and about 5 others) and just called her and asked if she needed extra help and if I could apply to work with her. And, it worked out so well because she'd just gotten a big project the day before! So, the Lord really was good in the details, and it was great!
Glad that you got a job, this is my first visit to your blog and I love your pictures. Have you guys found a church yet? I'll pray you end up at the right place for the two of you :o)
Post a Comment