The goings ons.

Friday, September 19



How is everyone doing?! I do apologize for the lack of posts lately. Life has been busy for our family lately. I sometimes find myself complaining about our crazy schedules, but I need to remember, busy is good! Only three weeks ago I was complaining of boredom! The grass is always greener isn't it?

Anyway, I don't have anything really interesting to tell you about except just the day-to-day updates from our world. So, in no particular order, here they are:

- It has been getting cooler here, and Brad and I are about to have a very serious discussion about how to handle the temperature in our house. This past week it got down into the 40s at night, and I woke up freeeeezing every morning because my sweet hubby likes to sleep with the windows open NO MATTER WHAT the temperature is forecasted to be. Every morning I shiver my way to a hot shower, cursing the day I agreed to move to this place. By noon, however, when the sun is shining and the air is crisp, I always change my mind and decide to stick around at least through fall.

- Anyway, on to more important things: Brad is still really enjoying his job. He has been staying long days in order to keep up with all the projects going on, but the work is fulfilling and stimulating. Also, the people have been great - his boss, the people working on his team, etc. We are both just so thankful.

- My jobs are still going well, too. Working with Annie is great. I am constantly learning so much, and in fact, she asked if I wanted to practice taking pictures at a few weddings this fall! I was so excited when she asked me; I am sure she thought I was a grinning dummy saying "yes please yes please!"

- I am also enjoying teaching at Pitt. I am still determined to write a post of "international students say the darndest things" - I add entries to my mental list every day! I also want to take pictures of the building where I work and upload them. It's called the cathedral of learning (cheesy? yes.) and it's so incredibly beautiful. I feel inspired every time I walk in the door. I only wish the inspiration would last through the day... :)

- In other exciting news, the Cathedral has a CHICK-FIL-A in the bottom floor! Who knew?! I have only found one other chick-fil-a in pittsburgh, and it's outside the city. So, I am so excited. I came up to our office after lunch and announced, "there's a chick-fil-a downstairs!!!!" Everyone was like, "yeah, so?" Clearly they don't get it.

- Finally, my sweet friend Naoko just got engaged! She has been dating her fiance Ito-tan for so long, and they are finally going to get married on March 15th in Tokyo, Japan. I am so excited for her, and I am desperately trying to figure out how to get there... I couldn't bear to miss it. Maybe I can start selling all my pairs of flip-flops on ebay. It turns out I don't need them here so much...

Well folks, that's all for now. Stay tuned for more information about our plot to kill the barking dog, 90 degree yoga, and the wonders of frick park. There's never a dull moment!

3 comments:

LB said...

Thanks for the update!! how was the beach trip?

I am feeling a little jealous of your cool weather. Actually we have had beautiful weather this past week and weekend, but yours sounds even better. Except for freezing in the morning:)

That's so exciting about the photography. Sounds like ya'll are adjusting well. Yea.

Melissa said...

I must admit I was missing your posts. I thought to myself, "what on earth could be keeping Milla from bloggin?!" Good to know it's only the business of your days....
Temperature must be a Chappell thing; I sneak the heat while Alan is gone and turn it down 30 min before he arrives. Well, I used to until he found me out....rats!
I covet your Chick-fil-A. Although I hated the one on Samford's campus, I'd take it now just for the taste of a yummy, buttered, pickled bun with hot chicken. You're one lucky gal!

Rachel said...

two things:
#1 - i also have been complaining about my crazy busy schedule (seriously, am i EVER home??), but you are right that the grass is always greener.
#2 - i LOVE rent and did you know that this wed-sun, the tape of the final broadway performance is being released to select theaters across the country?