The Golden Bone

Wednesday, September 10

Picture 1

I am very, very thankful for the above picture. For 6 months, I have had a beach trip planned with my mom, and as of last week, I thought Ike was going to mess everything up. I was trying to be a big girl, but watching storm after storm head straight for Florida was a little scary, and a little depressing.

But, Ike has moved off and has weakened, and so tomorrow morning I am headed to the sunshine state for some scrapbooking, seafood, motherly bonding, sleep, and warm weather. I am so excited I almost can't stand it.

Brad is also leaving tonight to fly to Baltimore with the Tetra Tech managers for a weekend of planning and socializing. I am so excited for him to get to know everyone better, and I pray that the weekend will be productive.

Finally, the funniest part is that Tuco and Turk are going to have their first stay at the Golden Bone. The Golden Bone, oh my goodness. It's been recommended by our neighbor and friends as the best boarding facility around, but I still can't get over the hilarious name - I just picture our two idiots sitting all proper in rooms with posh doggy-beds and golden bones adorning the walls. HA.

I hope everyone else has a nice weekend, and I'll be back with beach-y pictures and updates after the weekend.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh I hope you have sooo much fun with your mom at the beach!!! Sounds wonderful. And we must have an update of the Golden Bone. Please take a picture :)

Krisan said...

Hahaha this is hilarious! I love the mental image of your boys at the golden bone.

And I am so glad you get to go to the beach!! Jealous, of course, but so happy that Ike decided to spare your weekend of sunshine. I love you!! Eat some shrimp for me!

Melissa said...

Milla!! I am so excited for you getting to spend this time with your mom AND time at the beach!! I can only imagine how much you are looking forward to it. I can't wait to see pictures! Love and hugs to you~

I love the "golden bone" boarding house! What a fun name---sounds like an exclusive doggy resort, i bet they will get very good treatment:-)

Rachel said...

i am SO excited about this new blog to read. glad you found me =)