
Good morning! I thought I'd get your mouths watering with this picture I took at the village market, our second home. Oh how we love that sweet little place.
And now you see why I wrote this post.
How are all of you doing? As I seem to repeat quite often on here, things here have been busy but good. Brad and I have been working, writing, playing with the dogs, playing with friends, and trying to stay cool somehow.
Here are some (totally random) updates from us, in no particular order...
- It's been a hot summer in florida. Really hot. So hot, in fact, that I decided to break down and buy a clearance-rack 42.00 Wal-Mart bike to get me around campus. Look at this bad boy.
- On its second ride, the bad boy's back tire bent and the brake broke. So much for 42.00 bikes. I'm taking this one back and going to Target.
- Speaking of cheap stuff, after church this sunday, some friends took me and Brad to Wards Grocery Store for the first time. It's a typical little Gainesville place on the back side of nowhere that sells amazing produce and plants as well as really cool stuff like fresh dried herbs (is that an oxymoron?) and oatmeal, granola, and wheat by the pound. The corn was the best we've had all year, and the snacks were great too. I'm so happy to have found this place; I think I see a new Sunday tradition in our future...
- The countdown is officially at 9 days until my thesis defense. I turned in the most important chapter yesterday, and I only have one chapter to go. I am so tired of writing. I am so tired of having no time. I am ready to be DONE!
- Speaking of done, I just made the website for my Introduction to Linguistics class that I'm teaching later this summer. I am really looking forward to this class; even making the website reminded me of why I love linguistics. Sometimes I need to be reminded of why I'm doing this, especially when I've been buried in a linguistics hole, cursing the day I decided to go to school.
- On a happier note, as I'm sure you realized from my other post, Turk turned 1 year old this week! Brad and I also celebrated Tuco's 6th birthday since we don't know when he was born, so they both got new toys and some treats. And, they both got to sleep in our bed. What more could a dog want on his birthday?
Well, that's all from me! I'm off to the village market to get one of the above-pictured treats and a cup of coffee. Post a blog entry about what you're doing today. I'd love to hear about it.
Updates...
Sunday, June 8
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Milla!!! I know you must be so very relieved to only have 9 days to go!! yipee!! That is hilarious about your bike---did you find a better one at Target? I have been MIA in the blog world so I am playing catch up now. I have to go read all your old posts. Miss you!! See you at Krisan's wedding---yeahhh!!!!!
Post a Comment