
So, I bought a scale this week.
I said I'd never own a scale, and so far, I've managed to live without one. But desperate times call for desperate measures, and when last summer's shorts didn't fit, I decided to break down.
After our race last January, I stopped running long distances but kept eating like I was training! And, I discovered home bread baking, which was also a problem. I quickly learned that man should not live on 3 loaves of bread a day.
Never fear, though, I've devised a plan.
I'm calling it Milla's "I'd like to fit into last summer's shorts" weight loss plan. Here are my ideas, and I'm open to others:
- instead of pasta and potatoes, strawberry salads
- The summer is the perfect time for swimming, yoga, biking, kayaking, and tennis...
- Drive home a different way, so as to not pass Moe's on the way. See no evil, eat no evil.
- Spend less time baking breads and desserts and more time on the trails.
- Never go to the grocery story hungry.
- Never go to the Village Market hungry. Or at least walk there hungry instead of driving there hungry.
- Take the stairs to my fourth-floor office
- Stock the fridge with lots of fresh veggies, fresh fruits, and whole grains.
- Break out the running shoes: Mickey will say "GO!" again in seven months.
- Positive self-talk: "I do not need dessert with every meal. I do not need dessert with every meal"
- Smart-Pop Popcorn. The best snack ever.
How about you? Do you have any favorite slim-down tricks?
Last Summer's Shorts
Tuesday, May 13
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
I have no slim down tricks. Although I do own a scale and i stay within a 3 or 4 pound fluctuation. If the scale starts creeping up, I usually will drink more water or eat a little less that day. I look forward to seeing how your "fit into last summer's shorts" plan works for you. I may be inspired. I'm not working out or eating great right now and with beach season on its way, that is scary!
oh I need tricks!! The scale is stuck 5 lbs above what it should be, and it is not budging. This is probably due to the vast amounts of fast food that Scott and I consume, despite the fact that we keep vowing to not eat fast food anymore. It is making the scale go up and the bank account go down. Ummm...diet coke is always my trick. It is what gets me through a diet. I am a night time eater, so if I say no eating after 7pm, that helps. And then I have a diet coke as a "snack" at night. Other tricks...I'll keep thinking. I've been on so many diets, I feel like I should have thousands:)
Milla, here is what I do...
Keep your shorts button unbuttoned and put a belt on to hide the afore mentioned trick. Works like a charm...I'm a 29 waist!!!! (Sort of)
Milla, I'd like to hear more about this homemade bread making that you are doing...are you milling your own wheat or just baking from scratch ingredients? White or wheat? Just curious...
Milla, I just love to read your blog. Your pictures are something to behold too! You are a dear!
yeah, no tricks here....but could you send me some homemade bread recipes? any include cheese? :)
What a joy it has been to catch up with you this evening! I want to say a thousand things to you, but I'll keep it simple...I am reminded again just how wonderful you are!
Let's get together soon for a Catan rematch...or a nice walk...or a tempting dessert of rice cakes. :)
love,
Shannon
p.s. instead of last summer, for me it is post-Kaz and post-post-Kaz! Things that were loose after our trip are now snug...very snug. You've inspired me; I'll let you know if I have any epiphanies. :)
Thank you all for your ideas and comments! I will try the water, diet coke, and button undoing ideas very soon.
To answer the bread questions, Ashley I just buy bread flour, and always make wheat or some combination of wheat. Do you mill your own? That's impressive! Melissa, I'll have to look for bread recipes with cheese! yum!
Shannon, a long walk with you and Asher would be amazing! Soon, please!
This is great Milla~ I am very proud of you!! I have to say that as of today we are going to be official members of the YMCA~ so hopefully this will help us tone up some too:-) I love the strawberry salad idea~ strawberries in the summer are a good treat:-)
Post a Comment