Mothers Day

Sunday, May 11

47b7dd37b3127cce821411c491fd00000017108JcuG7lw3k

Happy Mothers Day! This morning I was thinking about mothers - about my sweet mom and grandmas, and about all of the other moms who I love and appreciate today. I certainly have been surrounded by wonderful mothers, and I want to tell you all how much I love you.

First of all, thank you mom for being you. I can't think of anyone I admire more - your widom, your hard work, your tenderness, your ability to be such a great sounding board! I love you dearly.

To my other mom, Mrs. Chappell, thanks so much for truly being such a sweet mom to me. I am very blessed to have been so warmly accepted into your sweet family, and I am very thankful for everything I have learned from you.

To my many grandmothers - GP, meme, Jeanne, Irene, Memama, MawMaw - I love you all dearly. Thank you for being such wonderful women and loving me so unconditionally.

To the other mothers in my family - Marie, Jenny, Celeste, Melissa, Aunt Jenna, Aunt Terry, Aunt Edie - I so admire each of you and only hope I can one day be as genuine and sweet a mom as you all are. What a blessing each of you are to your children and to me!

To my sweet friends who are new mommies - Melissa, Laura Beth, Shannon - I so admire your sweet spirits during this time of new motherhood. It has been such a blessing to me to see the Lord working as you figure out the little things like feeding and teething and sleeping... I hope you have a blessed day with your families and little ones.

To all of you out there whose blogs I read and enjoy learning from - Lyndsey, Emily, Jane, Amber, Lindsey. I love reading about motherhood through your eyes, and I admire each of you! Have a wonderful day.


I am not a mom today, but I am very thankful that I have such sweet pictures of motherhood all around me. Thank you all for loving your children so sweetly and for living your lives so honestly before the rest of us. I hope the Lord truly blesses you today.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Milla~ thank you so very much for your sweet words!! They gave my heart a great big hug:-) Love you dearly~

*I love that picture of you and your mom!!

LB said...

Yes, Milla, thank you. Your post made my day!! So kind and encouraging!!