Back Online!

Thursday, May 8



Hey everyone! It certainly has been a long time since I've written an update! We've been on vacation the past few weeks, and it's been wonderful! Here are the highlights:

Parties!! The semester ended well, and we celebrated with two parties at my advisor's new house in the historic district of Gainesville. One was for the whole department and one was just for the Brain and Language lab people. It was a wonderful end to a very long semester - I feel very thankful to be part of such a great group of people.

Birmingham!! Brad and I and the dogs had four days in Birmingham with family and friends. We had a shower for Elizabeth Ann and I got some good girly time; we spent a day out at the barn with the whole Chappell clan eating hamburgers, home maid ice cream and pie; I got some quality time with Melissa and sweet little Ella; and most importantly, we had a lot of relaxing time around the house with family. It was really a wonderful trip.

Projects!! Brad and I finished a few house projects that have been on-going. We tore down wallpaper and backing, mom and dad helped us paint the kitchen, and we finally hung a chandelier over our table. We are so happy with the results!

Ichetucknee!! We spent a wonderful long day on the river and in the springs today. Some of our best friends here in Gainesville are headed off to New York, so we went out to enjoy some good Florida fun before they leave.

Relaxation!! Brad and I have had some down-time around here which has been nice after such a crazy semester. We've had some nice long walks with the dogs; we've caught up on a few movies - namely No Country for Old Men (Anyone seen this movie, by the way? we are stumped and disagree about the plot); we've cleaned a little; and we've thoroughly enjoyed the break.


Well, that's all from us! I'm now going to do some catching upon reading your blogs! I look forward to hearing what everyone has been up to this past week...

5 comments:

Melissa said...

I loved our time together Milla~ and it sounds like you have really gotten to enjoy your break! Miss you already!!!

Melissa said...

funny~ when I first saw this picture I thought they were camels!! I was thinking, "How did Milla get so close to CAMELS?" haha...then the realization hit me.
I never have been much of a horse person---hince the mix up~ :-)

Amanda said...

Glad you are back on the radar and glad that you had a nice relaxing break! See you soon!

Amanda said...

Also, I loved all your picture. Was that Brad's grandmother? The one who said something about my painted legs?? I can't even remember the comment now but I laughed seeing her sweet face in those photos!

Milla said...

Yes. That's memama! I remember that comment... so funny! Was that before the shower at the white house? hahaha