done.

Tuesday, April 29

work

I love the feeling of sending off that last seminar paper. You all know what I'm talking about.. you finally write the conclusion. you check every citation. twice. you read through it one last time. Then, you type a "thank you" to the professor, hold your breath, and hit SEND.

And sometimes tears well up in your eyes because of sheer relief, because the months of work are over, but also because it hurts to hand it over. Now it's in the hands of someone else, someone who holds your blood, sweat, and tears lightly... someone with the background and knowledge to say how original and thoughtful your research actually is...

But still, it's done... done.

And that feels good.

5 comments:

Scott said...

Congratulations Milla, I'm sure it does feel good. Does this mean you get to enjoy another free day?

Milla said...

Unfortunately there's another stats exam to come... but there will be a free day soon!

Amanda said...

Will you be finished by this weekend? I am excited that we are going to hang out!

Melissa said...

yeahhh...that is awesome Milla!! I know you feel 200 pounds lighter!! I can't wait to see you~

Amanda said...

Did you make it back from Alabama? I'm sure you are either busy working on the thesis or busy playing :)