random facts...

Tuesday, April 22

I've been tagged once again by Amanda, and in order to waste a few minutes, I gladly took the challenge! :)


Ten years ago I was...

Sixteen years old, just learning to drive, probably flying down Washington Ave. on my way to some practice for which I was 5 minutes late.


5 things on my to-do list...

1. finish 2 papers and 1 exam
2. bake 2 desserts for 2 department parties
3. run participants
4. try to be kind and calm instead of annoyed and grumpy
5. somewhere between numbers 1-4, lie in the sun, clean the house, exercise, snuggle with the dogs, spend time with Brad, and see friends


Snacks I enjoy...

1. Popcorn
2. Fruit
3. Sour Patch Kids
4. Chips and salsa
5. Triscits and cheese


5 things I would do if I were a billionaire...

1. Support full-time missionaries and go work with them as often as possible
2. Travel
3. If I didn't work, I'd breed dogs of all shapes and sizes
4. Adopt internationally and help others do the same
5. Buy a condo in Boston or La Jolla (or both, for that matter)


5 bad habits...

1. biting my nails
2. "looking around" in Target - this is disastrous
3. snacking all the time
4. bringing up big conversations after Brad and I get in bed (he's not a fan)
5. saying I'll do something and then not not writing it down somewhere


5 places I've lived

1. Family + lakes + growing up = Eustis, FL
2. College + girls + fun + a little class = Auburn, AL
3. Trains + class + homecooked French meals = Angers, France
4. Cheap houses + newly married = Opelika, Al
5. Sunny skies + diversity + strip malls = Gainesville, Fl


5 jobs I've had

1. Pooper scooper extraordinaire at my parents' clinic
2. Publix cashier (yes, I wore the green vest)
3. Kitchie and counselor at Kanakuk
4. Village Market girl
5. In the words of Tom Collins from RENT, "you teach? yeah I teach, computer age philosophy, but my students would rather watch TV. America. America!"
(Of course, I don't teach computer age philosophy, but I do teach, and I do feel like this sometimes!)



I will tag...

My Melissas because I always love to hear from them, Scott Moore because his posts are always very entertaining, and Shannon because she's been neglecting her blog! And, I'll follow in LB's footsteps and tag Krisan so maybe she'll feel inspired and start a blog!

5 comments:

LB said...

I have several comments

1. I add travel to my long list of what I would do with a billion dollars.

2. Mostly my students preferred "texting" over class. As we used to say, unless you are texting me, put the phone away.

3. Sad for having school work to do today--we are living in different worlds, right now, aren't we:) You=school work and other stuff that sounds hard, Me=worry about the fact that my 8 month old doesn't use the bathroom on a regular basis, ha, ha:)

LB said...

one more thing--I share all of your bad habits. I am always ready to talk when we climb into bed, and Scott is always ready to sleep. And "looking around" Target gets me into so much trouble!!

Milla said...

That's so funny! I'm going to use that.. if you're not texting me, put the phone away. I told my other teacher friends about that tonight and we all had a good laugh!

Melissa said...

I didn't know you worked at Kanakuk. but being the tall basketball player I can see it now...ha :) and I concur with Target...my friend Jackie and I refer to it as "piddlin."

Melissa said...

I want to try one of your desserts~ i bet they are yummy!!! What are you planning to make? Okay, I will try and get to this soon:-)