the Daily Dozen

Friday, April 25

I woke up this morning to a very fun surprise. My magnolia picture has been chosen as one of the National Geographic Daily Dozen!

2 photos each month are chosen for publication in National Geographic by popular vote and editors choice, so please go vote if you have a chance. I say that realizing how boring a seed pod is compared to cool people and places. So, the little white flower will definitely need all the help it can get!

You can see the daily dozen at the "daily dozen" link below. And, in order to vote, click on the "voting machine" tab (or the link below); then you only have one chance to vote on the set of 12 pictures.

National Geographic Daily Dozen for April 25th
Vote here: Voting Machine

9 comments:

Amanda said...

This is so exciting! Congrats! I'm going to vote right now!

LB said...

oh wow, Milla. I am so impressed! And I am voting right now. We need to spread the word to get votes coming in. You need to post some photography tips. I do not know what I am doing with a camera at all!! Any tips for beginners? Ashley and Amanda have both tried to teach me a couple of things, and I still don't really get it.

Milla said...

Thanks so much, girls! I really appreciate you taking the time to do that! Yay!

LB said...

Update--from the pictures I saw, your rating was the highest!! Yea!!

Melissa said...

yay, how fun! I love that you submitted your picture to those guys in the first place; props to you, Milla. I voted your Magnolia a 10 while the child with their head in the bucket came in at 5.

Amanda said...

I liked some of the other pictures too but I voted everyone else a 2 regardless and yours a 10 :) Sneaky sneaky

Melissa said...

Oh my gosh Milla!!! How neat!! I am going to vote now too!!! How impressive:-) I knew you had any eye for this~ I feel honored you are going to take some pics of Ella and me!!!!

Scott said...

I did the same thing as Amanda, except, I think I am better friend because I voted everybody else's as a 1 and your's as a 10. That was at 11am (est), but you were way out in front at that point.

Milla said...

thanks everyone for your sweet comments and for taking the time to vote! ya'll are great!