Ashley's recent post was asking about some good music to download (specifically workout music), which got me thinking about my current favorites and wondering about what everyone else loved this year!
What are your all-time favorites, and what new music have you been loving?
My all-time favorites are oldies such as the Beatles, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Simon and Garfunkle, etc. And, those are GREAT for working out! But, here's some more recent ideas, too!
Band of Horses (Cease to Begin) - A young(ish) indie alternative band with a fantastic sound. This is absolutely one of my favorites.
The Shins (Wincing the Night Away) - I've always loved the shins, and though this album is different than their past ones, I have enjoyed it better overall. I'm not sure why; maybe it's a little more subdued?
Shane and Shane (Pages) - I LOVE this album. Once again, Shane and Shane created a masterpiece, in my opinion - the writing is creative and different from much on Christian radio, but the songs are Jesus-centered and always leave me in a spirit of worship. I play it over and over and over...
Over the Rhine (the Trumpet Child, Snow Angels)- I downloaded their Christmas album this December and loved them so much that I got the Trumpet Child too!
Tegan and Sara (the Con) - This is a GREAT album for working out. It's peppy and fun, even funny.
Derek Webb (The Ringing Bell) - creative, thoughtful, convicting. I love it.
Kate Tucker and the sons of Sweden (self titled album). Great guitar solos with a beautiful voice and jazzy/indie pop tracks.
Arcade Fire (Funeral, Neon Bible) - I love the thought-provoking lyrics and the rich sound of both albums. Some tracks are good for exercise, too.
Beirut (The Flying Club Cup) - This album is chill and creative, and I love the unique music and French scattered throughout.
Pan's Labyrinth Soundtrack - Besides Chicago and Moulin Rouge, I think this is my favorite movie soundtrack. Amazing.
So, there are some ideas. What did you love this year?
Music ideas...
Monday, January 14
Labels: Movies Music and Books
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment