I know it could be thought of as cliche, but I don't care; I can't help but make a list of things I am very thankful for today, right now.
Things have continued to be difficult for sweet Grandma Pat and for our family, but one of the many things I have learned from my tough grandmother through all of this is to be thankful. She just continues to give thanks for the many blessings and people in her life...
So here we go. Some are serious; some are not. But, these are just the things that come to mind in this moment.
Family.
The body of Christ here in Pittsburgh.
Thanksgiving in a new place.
My mother-in-law's Cherry Cobbler recipe (which will be taken to Thanksgiving in a new place).
Old friends.
Thermal tights and Smartwool socks.
Tuco and Turk (and Sport, though she has a new family in Tavares that affectionately calls her "Spook").
Snow.
A phone conversation today with my cousin who I miss.
Art, in all its many forms.
Runs in the park.
Airtran Airways, providing cheap, direct flights from Pitt to Orlando every 30 minutes (or just about that often...)
205 N. Dallas Ave #2
Having someone to spend my life with who compliments me and helps me grow up.
Casey Anderson, who takes such very good care of my sister.
Generous, kind employers.
Afternoons off.
Creekside in Gainesville, where Brad and I learned so much about people and about hospitality and about the Lord - lessons I remember most every day as we are forming new community here.
Winter fruit.
New Perspectives.
Wool sweaters.
Time off to go home to family and flip flops!
What is one thing you are thankful for today? Large, small, I'd love to hear!
Thanks.
Wednesday, November 26
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
i consistently love reading this... praying for your fam with grandma pat stuff. i know how rough that can be. thanks for all your support for my fam lately!
I am thankful for the friendship we share with you and Brad! I am also thankful for the sweaters you gave me in Florida. They have been put to good use as I am still getting used to this cold weather! We miss you guys!
Post a Comment