Two months.

Friday, October 10

2008-08-06 at 19-11-09

As of yesterday, it's officially been two months since we moved from Gainesville to Pittsburgh. It's been two months since we packed up everything familiar, put it in a big orange van, drove it 15 hours north, and unpacked it in a strange and new place. It's been two months since we first told the dogs "you'll be staying here now, boys!"

I was just thinking about this as I cleaned up the house this afternoon, amazed at how fast two months has flown by and thankful that we all survived!

When I look back on our move, I realize that there are three things that have gotten us through. These three things have made all the difference for us here, and what's amazing is, we can trace the steps back and see that these good things were not our doing - if you've heard our stories, you know how the Lord truly provided these things for us in amazing ways.


- Our house. We continue to be amazed at how perfect our little second-floor apartment is for us and our dogs. In the long list of 293485 craigs-list apartment listings, sitting behind my computer long-distance, and looking at a map of a totally unfamiliar city, we found this great house where we and our dogs are so happy and content, and where we can afford to save money while still trying to sell our house. And, not only is the place itself great, but it's close to everything - work, friends, and the dog park. What a blessing.

- Our church and friends. How can I explain this place? I never would have imagined that in a new city we would so quickly find a group of people who we could so easily identify with and form relationships with. On our first day visiting, we met people who have in a very short time become very dear friends. I am truly thankful for City Reformed, and I hope we can serve in this church for a very long time.

- Our jobs. Brad and I spend long hours at our jobs, and I am so thankful that both of our jobs are so fitting for us. We indeed come home exhausted every day, but we come home full, happy, and thankful for such great work environments and such wonderful employers.


So anyway, two months down, how many to go? Who knows! But, I do feel confident that we will be happy no matter how long... Well actually, to be honest, I still do have one major concern: WINTER. I'll check back with you in February and let you know how many more months I'd like to stay! :)

3 comments:

Lark said...

so so so glad you found a good church home! It makes all the difference in a move.

Krisan said...

it is hard for ME to believe ya'll have been there for two months! we couldn't be happier for ya'll and can't wait to come visit in a few weeks... love you love you

Milla said...

me too! We can't wait...