I have never lived in a city with a costco before, but I have always heard amazing things about it! Well, now we live 10 minutes from costco, and I am already singing its praises. If you live near a costco but have wondered whether you should pay the membership fee, let me tell you a few reasons why you should join...
Photos! Costco will ship photos to members for free. So, you never have to leave your house - just upload your files online, put in your member number, and voila! At your doorstep in a few days for the same cost of picking up in-store.
Meat! I can buy meat at half the cost of the normal grocery store. And what's best, we love eating fish but always worry about it going bad in the refrigerator, but at costco I can buy all my fish in individual frozen packages and just pull it out on the day I need it. It's fresh, delicious, and I don't have to worry about cleaning uneaten fish out of the refrigerator at the end of the week!
Bread! Oh my goodness... the artisan breads are amazing! I just bought two loaves of freshly-baked whole wheat bread and put one in the freezer. The two loaves of yummy baked bread were just cents more than one loaf of boring bread at the grocery store. Score.
Dog stuff! Costco has huge bags of dog food and treats, etc. at great prices. And, they have beds and other stuff that we always hate buying because of the price at places like wal-mart and target. I found a huge dog bed for 14.00! Amazing.
Gas! Gas is cheap and convenient (no lines!) for costco members. There's only one gas station near our house, and it's always busy and expensive! So for me, costco gas is precious!
Paper products! I have paper towels, toilet paper, napkins, etc. for the next year. Never again do we have to run to the grocery store at 10pm because the TP ran out.
Finally, costco has freshly-prepared food that you can just take home and eat or cook later - pasta salads, sandwiches, fruit, marinated steaks and seafood, etc. I got a pizza with fresh mozzarella, tomatoes, and basil to stick in a bake tonight. Oh man.
So, if you were wondering about joining costco, I hope I've started to convince you of its amazingness! And, when you first visit, go straight to the bakery! :)
Also, since I'm still figuring out this store, I'm curious to know how other people use costco - what deals have you found? What things aren't worth buying there?
the wonder of costco
Friday, August 29
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Scott and I used to be members, but we ended up never going for no real reason, we just didn't get around to it. My favorite buy was the meat. I would buy the chicken, which is also frozen in individual packages, and I would buy ground beef and divide it up myself and then freeze it in usable sizes. And when I was teaching I always bought paper there for the copy machine, printer, etc. That was probably what I loved the most--the paper I bought for teaching. you shoud look into it.
We are members of Sams, and use it for meat, paper products, dog food, and diapers... but you are tempting me to switch to Costco! When we had Kate, my friend brought us their brand of homemade chicken pot pie (with the real woven pie crust top) from their fresh/frozen section and it was delicious and HUGE! We have thought about switching and now we may just have to look into it! They need to cut you a deal for your advertising!
Costco is WONDERFUL!!!
I couldn't agree more with the joys of Costco! I just went today acutally. Future tip: baby stuff is awesome! Great deals on wipes, diapers, and formula too; and Costco pizza is mine & alan's fav!
Thanks everyone! I have noticed all the baby supplies, so whenever we have children we need to be sure to live by a costco! Also, I have heard about the Chicken Pot Pie, too, funny enough. So, we'll have to give it a try, too!
Post a Comment