
Well, here it is. Finished. Ready to go. I'm presenting it to our faculty tomorrow and waiting for the final decision - done or not.
I know I've been talking about this thesis a lot lately, and I very much look forward to getting back to more interesting, life-outside-of-school things on this blog. But, this has been a long, hard project for me. And, I *literally* never thought I'd finish it by June 19th.
But here we are, and I feel happy and tired at the same time. I must admit that I've been struggling with burnout lately. At the end of every semester, I always feel a little burnt out and ready for a break, but right now I feel a more lasting, deep "what is the purpose of my life and why am I still doing this" burnout. I am looking down the nose of 4 more years buried in a lab with endless work, and I just wonder, "why? is this really me? Should I really keep going?"
So to you, my invisible support network out there, please pray for me as I continue to lay my schooling at the foot of the cross, as I continue to think about what best suits my personality our family's future. And, in the short term, remember me tomorrow at 1:00; please pray that I present my ideas clearly and answer all the questions appropriately. I hope I will be skipping away from that conference room with good news - freedom, at least for a little while.
to my invisible network...
Wednesday, June 18
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
yea for being finished, and I will definitely pray tomorrow.
Today, Amy Rambo and I heard that song by John Mayer, that has the lyric, "I just found out there's no such thing as the real world," and then talks about a "quarter-life crisis," and we laughed about how much more sense that song makes now that we are 26ish and not sophomores in college. All that to say, though I am so far from where you are in life, I can totally relate to your feelings--the burn out, the questioning purpose, etc. etc. It seems to be a requirement for our age group. Or at least those I have talked to. It helps to feel not alone, though, I have to say. I will pray that you will receive confirmation and encouragement that you are exactly where God wants you to be.
Milla~ congrats on being finished! I will be in prayer for you and your next step, wether it's into another year of school or pursueing another area God might be movin you into. I write this as I sit here with my Ella bringing 'already opened mail' to me and pretending like its the greatest gift in the whole world! I have to smile and wonder if God meant for us to rejoice in these little moments...some days its hard! He put a questioning and wrestless spirit in us--I have to believe that;-) love you!!!
Congrats on being done! I know you are thrilled! I will pray that you feel at peace with your work and that you can rest knowing that God has you in His hands!
Thanks girls, so much. It really is so funny how so many people our age seem to be going through this searching, somewhat unsettled stage right now. I love that song, LB! I always loved the "quarter-life crisis" line, so true!
Post a Comment