YMCA.

Sunday, January 27

funny story.

I am sitting at Barnies coffee, and a dad and his young sons are sitting next to me. Well, the YMCA song just started playing over the radio, and the dad just started performing the YMCA dance for his sons (and for the rest of the store).

These poor little boys are mortified. "Dad please stop!" they are crying.

My dad used to always say that his job was to embarrass us, and he most effectively accomplished this when he pulled up to our elementary school car line in his old, loud, and oh-so-orange cougar.

Did your parents embarrass you as a kid? What's your worst memory of this?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm having a difficult time thinking of very many moments like that; my subconscious must be blocking them.

I do remember one time that was particularly embarrassing when one of my parents (I'll let you guess for yourself who is posting this and the perpetrator) started discussing with some of our friends how bees made wax.

As I recall, the information was freely offered as if someone was interested in the subject and had asked.

Milla said...

Hmmm... there are only a few people I know who would know exactly how bees make wax. And, there are fewer people who would offer this information freely. I think I know who wrote this post and who the perpetrator was...

Kristen Triplett said...

When we were young we bought my Dad a shirt that said "This is what a cool Dad looks like"...and he would wear it with gym shorts, black dress socks, and his slippers...

Donna said...

I don't recall knowing anything about how bees make wax (though if you know, I think I would be interested)therefore I suspect this anonymous post to be from Krisan what with all the pollenation going on in the Thompson backyard.

Mom Chappell