Brad and I are back in sunny Florida, exhausted from our trip but happy about fun memories made! Here are some of the highlights for me:
Family Bonding. All seven of us stayed in Alan and Melissa's house - in beds, on floors, on couches... So, there was plenty of family togetherness, and it was great. We talked a lot, ate a lot, and played a lot. And, we got to meet little Noah!
Endless games of Settlers of Catan. This will go down in my memory as the "Christmas of settlers" because we played so many games over the week. This is a fun game that Brad and I play with friends from church, and we thought that the family might enjoy it, too. It was fun - a nice break from the traditional games of Uno!
Downtown Seattle. I loved Seattle, in particular the fish market and the first Starbucks!
Seeing caramel corn being made at Snoqualmie Falls Candy Factory and then buying/eating more of it than I should ever buy or eat.
A snow moment. I went for a run Christmas afternoon, and after a few minutes, big white flakes started falling hard all around me. It hadn't snowed on Christmas in Seattle in years, and it was our only snow all week. As it stuck to my hair and clothes, and as my ears became numb, I just ran and smiled, thanking the Lord for that little gift.
Thanks Chappells for our fun time together. I can't wait until the next time!
Seattle
Friday, December 28
Labels: Family Togetherness
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
You forgot about Dad eating all the vomit flavored jelly beans (and sardine, rotten egg, booger, ear wax...). By far the funniest moment!
How fun! Seattle is definitely on my list of places to see and do! Maybe we'll get there in '08. Glad ya'll had a good holiday!
Post a Comment