Our little monsters...

Thursday, December 13

I think we've created three little monsters.

Last week, Brad let the dogs sleep with him while I stayed up late working, and when I came to bed, I was too tired to care, so I just pushed them over and let them stay. That was 4 nights ago.

Last night, I tried to get Turk out of the "big" bed and into his crate, and he literally put on his little doggy brakes and would not be coaxed (or pulled) out of the room. He just looked at me like, "daddy lets me stay!" and even gave a little *play* growl. (that update is for you, mama :)

Oh boy.

This situation would not be a problem if our dogs were smaller or if our bed was bigger. When you add together the weight of the two dogs (100 lbs), the weight of me and Brad (300 lbs), the size of our bed (queen) and the combined space and body heat, you'll find a crowded mess.

Also, I'm pretty sure Sport is feeling left out of all this fun, so she is also driving me crazy. She used to sleep on top of me (yes, on top of me - and she's no small cat, folks) most nights, but since 2 large drooly dogs are filling up the bed, she has resorted to sleeping under the Christmas tree. Since she doesn't get her full dose of kitty-lovin' during the night, she follows me around the house all day looking pitiful.

In order to give Sport ample playing time, I'm giving you her newest glamour-shot (note the very lady-like pose), along with one of me and my study-buddy. We just love that little dog...



7 comments:

Amanda said...

HAHA...Ivey does the "glamour" pose too. I think it is so funny. Oh you poor thing. I can't imagine sleeping in our bed with 2 dogs. Ivey is enough of a pain sleeping between my legs.

Amanda said...

P.S. Milla you of all people know that I don't like being woken up in the middle of the night by studying hallmates or cats :)

Milla said...

HAHAHA!!! So true!! Poor Taylor and little Ivey. They better watch out. :) fun times...

Ashley Turnbull said...

Milla, I'm commenting here b/c apparently I don't subscribe to your blog and hence thought that you hadn't updated. Wow was I wrong. Just got finished reading the last 5 posts. I'm so excited a/b those movies too, namely Juno. I also plan to see August Rush next week, simply b/c I am and always have been obsessed with Felicity! Congrats on finishing the semester, too, and your classes sounds so interesting (as compared to my water chemistry, concrete, steel members and other classes =) Anyway, sorry I haven't been commenting at all.

Milla said...

haha! Thanks for telling me about August Rush. I didn't know about that one! Also, those classes do sound fun... well, maybe not fun... interesting? :) Hey, at least you can get a job after graduating. By the way, I want to hear job updates.

LB said...

Ashley, I didn't know you were obsessed with Felicity--we need to discuss that obsession sometime. Amanda, remember when we skipped the football game to watch Felicity all day? Great day. And Milla, I have heard great things about Juno as well...can't wait to see it. Congrats on another sucessful semester!!

Amanda said...

LB...ok do you remember that the day we skipped the game to watch Felicity Ben King was there with us too!! That is the best part..ha!