Orlando: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Tuesday, November 20

Amanda, Taylor, Ashley, Adam, and their parents are headed to Disney world in a couple of days, and they were asking what to see while they're there.

This got me thinking about Orlando -- the good, the bad, and the ugly.
So, I decided to write a post to help out...

The Good!

1. Disney world, of course! I highly recommend the Magic Kingdom (no matter how old you are!) during the day and Epcot for dinner. Last time we were there, we did the park-hopper ticket so we could enjoy Disney fun and Epcot food! I also love Islands of Adventure and Sea World!

2. I really like Downtown Disney or CityWalk for a fun night outing. If you go to Downtown Disney, the Rainforest Cafe is fun, but put your name in early; the wait is usually very, very long. Also, the Cirque du Soleil is there!

3. Of course, you should definitely attend the character breakfast. It would be worth the trip just for the pictures! When we were young, my family always went to the contemporary resort for the character breakfast. However, there are many others, I think.

4. For a rainy day, I love the Mall at Millenia and Premier Outlets. Maybe you can send the boys to Bass Pro?

5. If you are tired of mickey ears, go to SAKS comedy club or Churchstreet Station. SAKS is usually really, really hilarious. And, it's clean (they put a poo poo bag on your head if you say a bad word). Churchstreet is a fun place to eat, dance, get mugged, etc. (just kidding!)

6. Two interesting places to visit are Fort Wilderness and The Wilderness Lodge. I'm not sure if you can go and eat at the restaurants without being registered; however, if you can, I definitely think you'd enjoy it. The Wilderness Lodge is a replica of the lodge in Yellowstone, and Fort Wilderness is this amazing campground with all sorts of outdoor activities (and one of the best views of the Disney fireworks). At night, they play Disney movies in an outdoor amphitheater. This has always been one of our favorite places to visit. And, Brad and I stayed at the Wilderness Lodge for part of our honeymoon!


Okay, now on to the negatives.

The Bad:

1. I-drive. Avoid it at all costs.

2. Strip-mall Orlando. It's just gross. Don't go there.

3. Back roads late at night. Be careful!

4. I hate to say it, but this is the absolute busiest time to be in Orlando. Just enjoy your time in lines, and call it "family bonding!"


aaaand....

The Ugly:

1. Watch out for mullets and greasy hair. It's truly scary.



Have fun!! I look forward to hearing all about it!!

1 comments:

Ashley Turnbull said...

Okay! Great ideas all! WE will see how many we can fit into a 5 day trip =) Get excited about pictures, too!