New Testament religion

Wednesday, October 24



I was talking to my sweet friend yesterday about how if we live in a state of prayer that asks God to make his will our true longing, then we can begin to trust our desires as a form of God's leading and communication.

This conversation really blessed me, and then this morning I read something by A.W. Tozer that seemed to reemphasize this point. I thought I'd share it with you, as it's comforting, and so true!

"God is a person, and in the deep of His mightly nature, He thinks, wills, enjoys, feels, loves, desires, and suffers as any other person may. In making Himself known to us, He stays by the familiar pattern of personality. He communicates with us through the avenues of our minds, our wills and our emotions. The continuous and unembarrassed interchange of love and thought between God and the soul of the redeemed man is the throbbing heart of New Testament religion."

Thank you, Jesus.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

what an amazing quote Milla~ Thank you for encouraging me with your hunger to know our King! How neat that the Lord led you to read that:-) Love you~ I need to update my blog too...