My Brain.

Tuesday, October 23

Have you ever wondered what your brain looks like?

My friend Nicole asked me to participate in her fMRI study on language processing, and I quickly agreed. It seemed simple enough: all I had to do was read sentences on a monitor while having my brain scanned in an MRI tube.

Later, however, I started worrying about what she might find. For example, what if my brain was only half the size of a normal person's? Or, what if it closely resembled something odd, like a piece of pizza or a small brown boxer-dog (since I am obsessed with both of these things)? Worst of all, what if they found a tumor or something? Anyway, I did the study, and as it turns out, my brain looks normal (whew!). In fact, it's quite interesting! I particularly like my tongue in the first picture and my eye-sockets in the third.




1 comments:

Donna said...

3rd picture--looks like there is some empty space on the right and the left. Keep studying!

Mom