Fun news: I dug deep and resurrected the wonderful Starbucks espresso machine that Alan and Melissa got us a few years ago.
So, this morning I have a sugar-free vanilla latte to accompany my proposal writing. I am, as C.S. Lewis says, enjoying the "quiddity" of things.
Whenever Brad and/or I go somewhere worth remembering, we bring home either a mug or cards. We are serious coffee and tea drinkers, and we love playing cards, so we constantly have fun reminders of places that we love. This morning, I am reminded of the Christmas that Naoko came to Eustis, as I am drinking from my "Mickey's Disney Blend Coffee" mug. I miss you, Naoko! I loved hugging Tigger with you! :)
lattes with mickey
Monday, July 23
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Milla!! That Christmas was very fun! I can't believe it's already one and half a year ago! I miss you sooooo much!! I'm always thinking about you. Whenever I have something no matter if it's happy or sad I feel like I want to tell it to you! I came to Auburn today, and that made me miss you even more!
Aww Naoko! How are you doing??? And I miss Milla when i am in Auburn too :) Spent many days in good ol Toomers Coffee!
AMANDA!! Toomers Coffee! I really wish we all could study together again there!! (I want to go to the coffee shop where Milla is working too :)
well hello again...i couldn't find your blog for awhile. Were you hiding from my comments :)
Milla, I love this picture! You are really good at taking pictures! What kind of camera do you have? What kind of lens do you have? Adam and I got a Nikon D40 and we are still trying to figure out how to take cool pictures. None of our pictures are as cool as yours! Someday soon we all need to get together again... =)
Am I the only one who doesn't know what quiddity means? Off to get my very well-worn red dictionary. Hey, Amanda, you found the blog before I did. Took a cake to draw me in.
Mom
C.S. Lewis has this great quote about enjoying life... "we should attempt a total surrender to whatever atmosphere was offering itself at the moment. . . . [determined} to rub one's nose in the very quiddity of each thing, to rejoice in its being (so magnificently) what it was." I didn't know what it meant either, but I love the idea!
Post a Comment