
Pittsburgh marathon morning - Brad's panning while spinning technique.
The last time I wrote in this blog was almost a month ago. I remember because it was my birthday and it was snowing. Crazy.
Now, all is green in Pittsburgh, and the sun has decided to shine again. But, because I haven't written updates in so long, I don't know where to begin. So, I'll just post some highlights from the past month... (beware - these are VERY random).
- Moving. We seem to be good-to-go with our move into our friends' house that I mentioned in my last post. We are so genuinely excited to be moving down the street from these sweet friends, and we are also excited to have more room and to be closer to the city. Let's just put it this way: we will be able to walk to cheesecake factory and to urban outfitters if we want to! yikes!
- Church. Brad and I joined City Reformed a few weeks ago and Brad gave his testimony to the church, telling about God's redeeming work in his life. I was so proud of Brad for his willingness to share his story, and we are thrilled to be part of this body in Pittsburgh.
- Spring. I packed up two big boxes of sweaters and jackets. Never to be sesn again for a whole 7 months! Yippee!
- Work. We are excited because I just booked my 10th wedding for 2009. Brad and I have set a goal to shoot at least 15 weddings this first year, and we feel like we're on the way there. We are really so excited about the sweet, wonderful couples we're going to be working with, too.
- Trader Joes. I continue to love this place more and more. I even considered doing a blog post on all the amazing things you can buy for under 4.00. But then I thought that probably no one else cares. :)
- This past Sunday, the Pittsburgh marathon was resurrected after a 5-year haitus with a record 10,500 runners enrolled, so Brad and I (and the dogs, of course) went out early to witness the action. The runners came near our house, so we stood and cheered with our neighbors - SO fun. Also, I love that picture Brad took using panning and spinning techniques. He's good at all that creative stuff that I usually give up on after 2 tries.
- Please note how pasty white the runner-man is. Everyone who trains through the winter in Pittsburgh is white, white, white. Then on race day they all throw on shorts and the spectators say "woah! tanning bed anyone?"
- Ankle. Speaking of the marathon, my sweet boy was signed up to run an 8-mile leg of the Pittsburgh marathon with a team from work; however, while training with the dogs in Frick Park, he stepped on an unfortunate root, heard a loud POP, and found himself on his face in the dirt. The doctor said he has a bad sprain, so he's been pretty bummed that instead of running in the park with the dogs, he's now sitting on the couch with an ice-pack on his ankle.
- RENT. A definite highlight for me. My honey took me downtown to see the play complete with two of the original broadway cast (and movie) members: Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal. It was great. SO much better on-stage than in the movie even. Brad and I do tend to disagree in our reaction to this play, though. It usually goes something like this: Brad: "why don't they just get jobs so they can pay their own rent" Milla: "because they're artists and they're being true to themselves and not the system... and they're trying to inspire others to do the same." Brad: "I don't understand what's inspiring about being broke." Oh well. I can see the beauty in it. :)
- Family. Since Christmas, we have had a long dry spell without our families being together. However, things are looking up because my sister and mom planned a trip to Pittsburgh this June, KK and Kathryn (brad's aunt and sister) planned a trip for May, and in two days my whole family is headed to Colorado for a week. Heaven.
Well that's all for now. I'm sure I'll send some updates from the great rocky mountains! Have a great week everyone.
Updates...
Monday, May 4
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
so fun to read updates! Sounds like things are going well (other than Brad's ankle, sad.). I love looking at your photos over at the other website!! So beautiful and creative. And how fun to be working as a team with Brad. Glad to "catch up."
Also, the "conversation" about Rent made me laugh. I could totally picture Scott and me having the exact same conversation.
Yes I agree with the rent conversation. That made me laugh. Also so fun yall will be in Colorado in 2 days!!! Take me!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE two things you mentioned: Trader Joes and the Broadway production of Rent. TJ - so cheap and tasty. Rent - greatest music ever, and a beautiful, albeit raunchy, story.
For a week I thought you'd dropped out of the blogshpere...glad you're back :) Trader Joe's is a huge hit out here, but there is not one close to us...maybe I should make a special trip. Super glad you get to see family, but bummed that we're not part of the crew! Since I'm such a great list maker, here are 3 reasons you guys should come out here paralleled to 3 reasons why we can't come out there:
1. Noah -->you must see and enjoy him at his absolute cutest phase of life thus far (He is MISERABLE on airplane rides over a hour in length)
2. Summer -->you've never been to Seattle in the summertime, such a beautiful season! (I'm getting to big to fly and grow uncomfortable sitting on a couch let alone a tiny airplane seat)
3. You'll have your own bedroom--> Yes, we've made our den into a bedroom and it's cozy (Is your house compatible with a 19 month old? ours never was :) )
Hope you're tempted! Have a great family week!
Post a Comment