A Mixed Bag

Thursday, August 21



Hey everyone! I am excited to announce that we now have internet in our house. So, I can now be a better blog reader and commenter and writer...

Anyway, the latest update in our world is that week two in the PA has proven to be a mixed bag - good in some ways and disappointing in some ways. I went to my first interview with a language school downtown and found that they probably won't have a position for me this coming term. The interview went well, but they won't know until Monday if they have need for extra instructors; and, they are losing students as they move from summer into fall, so it doesn't look very hopeful.

Along with that disappointing news, I have just this week hit my wall of feeling a little lonely. I don't have a job yet, and I'm mostly spending my time with the dogs in the house or walking around the city. Granted, they do provide some company, but I have just been needing some friends here - or for that matter - just some people to talk to!

But, the good news is, the Lord is taking care of us, and two different couples from City Reformed already called this week to invite us over to dinner. And, we also visited one community group, which was nice. I just have to take a deep breath and remember that developing true relationships takes time!

The other good news is, Brad's work is going really well. His boss has given him more responsibility even this week, and he is very excited about his future with the company. He comes home exhausted, as he is still getting used to having a greater work load, but he is very fulfilled and happy, and that makes me happy!

Okay, well, that's all for now. As far as my job search goes, I have an interview with University of Pittsburgh next week and a meeting with a photographer today! I've applied to work as an assistant to a few photographers around town, so I'll just have to see what happens. I do hope that one of those will be more promising than the first...

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I loved your moving pictures!!! Your house is so cozy looking! Also, your bed looks just like ours.We have good taste :) love you friend!

Ashley Turnbull said...

Milla, it's so fun to read up on your experiences in the new city - I know it's so exciting! Love the pictures, too! You know I am obsessed w/ you and your camera. Hopefully you will learn lots from your new job and you can share some of those fun things on the blog!

Glad it's going well!