Brad and I are at the beach with KK, Larry, Memama and Papa! It's been wonderful to see family, eat seafood, and play Uno! And, I love the beach in December, sans tourists with their smelly sunscreen and boogie boards.
I have been writing (with a little internet surfing and blog/email writing mixed in) at Panera bread, and in the evenings I play with the fam. How do I have time to go to the beach and play online in the middle of finals week? Let me put it this way: I do well under pressure. When I have 2 days until the deadline, I tend to be stressed but yet unmotivated. However, when I have 6 hours left and 10 pages to write, I can birth the child in record time.
In other news, Brad and I did our long run this morning on the beach road. The air was salty and muggy, but the view was beautiful! I learned a few things about my husband, though. First of all, he prefers a 8-minute mile pace; I prefer a 20-minute mile pace. I kept saying "um, sweetie, can we go back to snail pace, please?" He very sweetly slowed to what for him was a near-walk. Secondly, he is a very anticlimactic running buddy. When the girls and I finish a long run, we have a little celebration right in the middle of the road (or sidewalk - wherever we may be). We high-five and dance around a little (just a little). I tried to get excited when we finished, but Brad muttered, "yeah, good job. Let's go back." I don't understand it, but I love him still the same.
Anyway, what is everyone else doing this weekend? What are your Christmas plans? Please post in your blogs so I'll have another way to waste a few precious minutes.
The Beach
Saturday, December 8
Labels: About us..., Family Togetherness
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
We play UNO at the Beach too!!! The Bowens can get into some heated Uno matches. We don't play card games all year long but for some reason the salt air just brings it out! Ha too funny! And congrats on the long run. I would most definitely celebrate but Taylor wouldn't either so I understand :)
the beach in December sounds wonderful. I wish I was there right now. You have also motivated me to get off my butt and run!! Because I love the glorious feeling that comes with finishing a run:)
ahhh, last minute spirts of thought....good to know there is someone else who works this way! best of luck! tip: if still working at Panera, keep a cinnamon crunch bagel w/ hazelnut cream cheese by your side...it will most defintely motivate you! -Melissa
hehe yes, we are card-players at the beach only, too! I lost miserably at Uno though it doesn't require that much skill. sad. LB I know what you mean, though that beginning feeling is bad enough to keep me inside many days. :) And Melissa, I am still at Panera, and that is my FAVORITE!!! Just thinking about it makes me drool a little (just like Tuco).
I beg your pardon, UNO requires great skill. No wonder you lost.
My wonderful holiday plans are Christmas in Seattle (or Puyallup) with dear family members including a new grandson and one miserable UNO player!
Of course Tom is really Donna and I'll just start signing "Grammy" if the nickname selection works
Grammy! I love it! Yes, it's a little confusing to see "Tom" signed "Mom" so this will be better. I can't wait for the 22nd of December. Somebody needs to bring the Uno cards.
I don't think I like the name Grammy. Just replace the "G" with a "C" and the "a" with a "u" and that's what I think.
In fact, I'm going to protest Grammy by calling you Crummy until you change it. When Milla and I have kids they will call you Crummy too.
Hey Grumpy, since this is turning serious, I'd better email you
Post a Comment