Just to give you an update, our Disney Half-Marathon packets came in the mail! Exactly 6 weeks from now, we will be finished with the race and will be riding Space Mountain and eating churros. Here's the course route that came in the packet. 
The full marathon course is much more impressive as it goes through all the parks. A few of the guys are bravely attempting this one. 
So far, this experience has been fun and challenging.
It has been challenging because I never know what to expect from my body. Some days, I feel great and barely break a sweat. Other days, I feel like puking and collapsing in the road. Brad has had the same experience.
It has been fun because the good days feel great. And, we have gotten to train with friends from church and through the process have gotten to know them better. Today, the girls (Sarah, Betsy, Kendra) and I ran seven miles. We left Sarah's house, ran the trails up to Betsy's, grabbed water, and ran back. We ran slowly, but it felt great. I wouldn't have been able to do these runs without friends to push me.
Anyway, 6 weeks and counting... wish us luck!
6 weeks out...
Saturday, December 1
Labels: Florida life, Friends
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
What is the date?
Mom
wow. i am so impressed! what fun. wish we could be there to cheer you guys on!!!
January 12, bright and early! (6:00, I think)
Milla, I am so so impressed you are doing this!!! You will have a blast...especially when you cross the finish line:-) I am so proud...it motivates me to want to do one too!! Love you and miss you~ Keep us posted on the progress!
Post a Comment